If you are looking for a cookie dough that doesn’t spread after baking, this is it. If you are looking for cookies that are soft, crunchy and delicious, Congrats! you’ve found the perfect recipe.
One of the hardest thing for me in this world of baking and decorating cookies was to find the perfect recipe. Long time trying and playing with different recipes I finally have a recipe that is so easy to make, it doesn’t need to be chilled before cutting out and is so delicious.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes
- Beat in vanilla extracts and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder and salt with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a countertop surface. Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. You want these cookies to be on the thicker side (closer to 1/4 inch rather than 1/8).
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
hope you try and like this cookies ! thanks for reading!